Saturday, March 2, 2013

Thing #5

This posting actually interested me. As a aspiring future teacher, and I am sure everyone else that is an aspiring teacher, I have a thought that I will change education and have students excited about learning. I have always despised the current system of schooling. Throughout my educational classes, I have always thought of ways to reorganize classrooms to make it not the 6 by 6 classroom cell. I think sitting behind someone and having people behind you is not a good way to educate students. Personally, I have issues with people sitting behind me whether it is in a classroom, restaurant, or library, I can not concentrate if I know people are behind me. When I was in school, I either sat in the back where I could not see or I sat near the front and was constantly distracted knowing people were behind me.

After reading the Thing #5 posting, I decided to read the articles and event take on further research. To me, School 2.0 is more than just connecting students with Web 2.0 and technology, but rather, creating an environment where teachers can be more versatile in their teaching. I saw a YouTube video that addresses this. Creating a commons where students minds are constantly being engaged, where teachers can move around the students, students can sit where they can concentrate, and the harsh overhead lights are take over by the natural light from the windows can increase the versatility of teachers. Many years ago, in the days of Alexandria, the schools the helped educate some the brightest minds were not Cell and Bell schools. They were miniature lecture rooms off the side of a street. I think this video is the definition of School 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment