Saturday, March 2, 2013

Thing #6

For my Thing #6 post, I chose Smore.com (sorry I am currently hungry). There is a cool video they use to introduce you to the website. Basically it is a interactive new-age "flier".



As president of a few organizations on campus, this seems cool to me. On the opening page (after I signed in with my Facebook account) They have a few template options...

Smore.com - New Flier
 For this I am going to create an Event Flier... I clicked on event and it gave me the option of creating on for a Facebook (or other social media) sites. Actually, the event I wanted to
create a flier for is on facebook. It automatically incorporated those events and I chose the correct one.





After choosing it, Smore.com complied all of the information correctly in to the correct modules. I can edit the information and modules them selves... I can move the map and directions to the bottom.
 

 This seems to be a very useful tool for advertising events, sending and updating newsletters, and other various class aspects as you can see from the first image on this posting. When I finished with my flier, which really only took about 10 minutes - with taking intermediate screen captures-, I was able to share it on Facebook and other social media sites. It even gave me an embedded code ...




  This is a great Web2.0 tool that I can see myself using more often in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY enjoy reading about all of your event fliers and am definitely going to have to check these features out for myself. As educators, there is so much we can use this feature for. I had no idea that this website even existed. Thanks so much for the suggestion! This will come in handy throughout our professional lives and, of course, for events on campus now :)

    ReplyDelete