Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thing #15

Wikis is an interesting web tool that have been used in many forms. Creating a post to the APSU 23 Things Sandbox Wiki  was interesting for me. Usually technology comes easy for me. I went to edit the Wiki, but then found out that I had to create an account. After doing this I attempted again to edit the Wiki. After working at it for a little while, I noticed the sidebar link saying that I had to be part of the "workspace." Merely clicking that link, I was part of the work space. From then, it was simple to edit and save my portion as a page on the Wiki.

Wikis are interesting and can be very beneficial for schools. It can be used towards working collaboratively between teachers in a department or grade. Teachers can post things to the site and others can view it or edit it. Also a teacher can use it for students. Teachers can upload an assignment and have students upload a page with their responses. This is a great way to teach outside of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment