Monday, April 29, 2013

Thing #23.5

Although I was familiar with most of the topics covered in this blog, there were some that I was not familiar. Using the tactics and strategies from other sites, it was easier to explore, navigate, and learn about new websites, tools, and ideas. Regardless of my familiarity of the topics, I learned new ways for each tool to use in a classroom setting. Some sites like Flickr, Facebook, and Youtube are generally used for personal reasons; but, through my journey with this blog, I have learned new ways to use these tools. My reflection of this lesson/blog, is that although these tools my be obsolete in a few years, because of the progressing technologies, the skills learned in this blog, can be translated easily to other sites and web tools. I feel like the tools that were selected in this blog gave a wide variety of skills that can be used universally on the web. Even if Flickr becomes less used than another image posting site, or if schools use a different blog for their classrooms, the skills learned can easily be adapted. How has this program affected your lifelong learning goals? I do plan to continue to post to this site and if I learn of new web tools to post my findings here to keep up-to-date and to share with other instructors who may not be as familiar with technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment