Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thing #16

Organization is one of my weaknesses. I am always forgetting deadlines, things to do, or staying organized. I have a iGoogle (or did, think they discontinued it). When I used it, I had specific things on there that I wanted to see when I first went to my computer. Eventually I moved from that to the new "homepage" when I upgraded to Google Chrome. The new start page has a list of your favorite sites, frequently used sites, and games. I found this to be easier since my internet usage is limited. When I open my browser, the sites I need are right there. I still use Google Calendar.

Google Calendar is extremely useful mostly because of the ease of creating new events. Also with Google Calendar, collaboration is effortless. Many people, my friends, bosses, and clients use Google Calendar and their calendars can integrate into mine. Sometime is gets overwhelming, but with one click I can 'hide' specific calendars. My only problem is remembering to upload event to the calendar. It has been easier since the calendar is on my phone, as well. I am going to include a picture of my Google Calendar here. The color coding makes it easier to read.


Other organizing tools such as to-do list is something that I should use more frequently. When teaching, these tools will be invaluable and I will be convinced to use them more frequently. I can create a new calendar for school or class pertinent events and share just that calendar with students, coworkers, and parents. In addition to having a calendar in the class, students can check the Google Calendar for specific dates. This is similar to other organization tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment